Tricare Expands Coverage for Regenerative Medicine in Colorado Springs
There’s good news to all active duty service members, national guards/reserve members, retired service and reserve members, and their families: Tricare officially declared an expanded coverage for regenerative cell therapy to cure joint pain. This includes those looking for regenerative medicine in Colorado Springs.
Regenerative medicine heals, repairs, and restores the body’s tissues where the pain stems from. This therapy also heals or replaces damaged tissues and organs due to injury, disease, or aging.
What Are the Inclusions of the Tricare Regenerative Medicine Coverage Expansion?
The U.S. Department of Defense Military Health System health care program allows the following types of stem cell transplant:
- Autologous bone marrow transplant (ABMT) with high dose chemotherapy - Used to treat metastatic breast cancer and high-risk breast cancer.
- Autologous peripheral stem cell transplant (PSCT) - Used by medical practitioners to replace all the blood-forming stem cells that were destroyed during an ongoing cancer treatment.
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplant (BMT) - Preferred treatment for both malignant and non-malignant blood ailments.
- Allogeneic peripheral stem cell transplant – Known as the treatment that requires the transfer of stem cells from a healthy donor to a patient’s body after the latter went through high-intensity chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- Umbilical cord blood stem cell transplant (UCBT) - Uses healthy stem cells from related or unrelated donors to serve as an optional source of hematopoietic stem cells for a person undergoing transplant due to different types of ailments.
Tricare may also cover all the medical expenses incurred by the member before and after the transplant procedure. The entire procedure only takes around 30 minutes, and there are no known side effects post-treatment.
Dr. Gibson created Pain-Free Military to give back to veterans and military in active duty. Belleview Spine and Wellness Colorado Springs works with Tricare to provide the necessary therapy and regenerative medicine needs for military members and their families. Call (719) 247-8441 to schedule an appointment.